Subject: Problem with Infiniband adapter on IBM p550

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 23:24:32 -0400

I seem to be running into a problem getting a Mellanox Infinihost  
Infiniband adapter working on my IBM p550 (a 9113-550).  I'm using 
Debian squeeze, and tried upgrading to the 2.6.35.7 kernel without any 
help.

I get the following messages in dmesg:
[    4.972548] ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v1.0 (April 4, 
2008)
[    4.972564] ib_mthca: Initializing 0000:c1:00.0
[    4.972674] ib_mthca 0000:c1:00.0: Missing DCS, aborting.

The problem looks the same as a problem I ran into with OpenFirmware on 
a Sun V880, which was fixed with this patch by Dave Miller:
http://ns3.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg01779.html

I spent some time looking at the equivalent function on powerpc, but 
didn't a block of code that looked similar.

Any suggestions?

I have dmesg, the dev .properties from openfirmware, and lspci -v from 
the machine:

http://ned.rcac.purdue.edu/p550-ib/dmesg
http://ned.rcac.purdue.edu/p550-ib/ib-of-device
http://ned.rcac.purdue.edu/p550-ib/lspci-v

Pat
-- 
Purdue University Research Computing ---  http://www.rcac.purdue.edu/
The Computer Refuge                  ---  http://computer-refuge.org