Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Hide devices with non-available status from kernel

From: Deepak Saxena <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:29:03 -0800

Device tree nodes can have a "status" property that is currently checked
for in several places in the kernel. This patch set centralizes handling
of the property and simply does not call a driver's probe() function 
if a device is not available. This is of particular use in environments
where we may want to hide certain devices, for example, a multi-core
AMP environment where we are partitioning the system. The patchset
exposes all the devices in the system in /proc as that is a useful
debug tool to have in case the bootloader or user does something wrong.

Deepak Saxena (5):
  of/device: Centralize checking of 'status' properties
  of/device: make for_each_node* check status properties
  of/device: Make of_get_next_child() check status properties
  of/device: Create _of_get_next_child()
  of/device: Show even unavailable nodes in procfs

 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_of_scan.c         |    2 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/suspend.c     |    3 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/usb.c         |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_mds.c |   13 +------
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_pci.c             |    5 ---
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/ppc4xx_pci.c          |   15 --------
 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-core.c          |    3 --
 drivers/net/gianfar.c                     |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c            |    2 +-
 drivers/of/base.c                         |   55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/of/platform.c                     |    7 +++-
 fs/proc/proc_devtree.c                    |    2 +-
 include/linux/of.h                        |    2 +
 13 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)