Subject: 2.6.37-git17 virtual IO boot failure

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:31:52 +1100

Hi,

I was testing 2.6.37-git17 on a POWER7 with virtual IO and hit this:

Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
Freeing initrd memory: 7446k freed
vio 30000000: Warning: IOMMU dma not supported: mask
0xffffffffffffffff, table unavailable
vio 4000: Warning: IOMMU dma not supported: mask 0xffffffffffffffff,
table unavailable
vio 4001: Warning: IOMMU dma not supported: mask 0xffffffffffffffff,
table unavailable
vio 4002: Warning: IOMMU dma not supported: mask 0xffffffffffffffff,
table unavailable
vio 4004: Warning: IOMMU dma not supported: mask 0xffffffffffffffff,
table unavailable
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)

Haven't had a chance to look closer yet.

Anton