Subject: Re: [PATCH] atomic: add *_dec_not_zero

From: Sven Eckelmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 11:33:48 +0200

Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
[...]
> Do we need atomic_dec_not_zero() et.al. in every arch header - is there no
> generic header which it could be added to?

Mike Frysinger already tried to answer it in 
<[email-masked]>:
> that's what asm-generic is for.  if the arch isnt using it, it's
> either because the arch needs to convert to it, or they're using SMP
> and asm-generic doesnt yet support that for atomic.h.
>
> for example, the Blackfin port only needed updating for the SMP case.
> in the non-SMP case, we're getting the def from asm-generic/atomic.h.
> -mike

Feel free to change that but I just followed the style used by all other 
macros and will not redesign the complete atomic*.h idea.

thanks,
	Sven