Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Changes to PowerPC ptrace flags using watchpoints

From: "K.Prasad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:15:27 +0530

Hi All,
        Please find a set of two patches that introduce generic
hw-breakpoint interfaces for a couple of ptrace flags used by server-class
processors and another change to advertise a feature to user-space hitherto
available and used, but not claimed as supported.

GDB, which recently began using the
PPC_PTRACE_GETHWDBGINFO/PPC_PTRACE_SETHWDEBUG/PPC_PTRACE_DELHWDEBUG
flags on BookS processors is presently unable to set watchpoints. The
changes in Patch1, will fix that issue and help it use a common set of code
across BookE and BookS.

K.Prasad (2):
  [hw-breakpoint] Use generic hw-breakpoint interfaces for new PPC
    ptrace flags
  [PowerPC Book3E] Introduce new ptrace debug feature flag

 Documentation/powerpc/ptrace.txt  |   16 ++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ptrace.h |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c      |  105
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 3 files changed, 114 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

Thanks,
K.Prasad