Subject: Re: [patch 0/4] powerpc: Mark various interrupts IRQF_NO_THREAD

From: Gabriel Paubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:29:50 +0200

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 12:30:49PM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The following series marks the obvious interrupts IRQF_NO_THREAD to
> prevent forced interrupt threading - no guarantee of completeness :)
> 
> The last patch enables the forced threading mechanism in the core
> code, which in turn enables the "irqthreaded" commandline option.

Is there any description of what "interrupt threading" means?

I'm only looking for a pointer to a web page, a mailing list thread
(I am no more subscribed to lkml, too many things to do, so maybe
it has been discussed but it comes out of the blue on linuxppc-dev), 
or a well commented git commit?

>>From followups, I see that cascaded interrupt controller should
not be threaded. I suspect that the private VME bridge driver
(Universe chip) I maintain here will need it: clients request
a given VME interrupt (level/vector) and specify an interrupt
handler which is called by the handler for the PCI interrupt.

	Regards,
	Gabriel