Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] Backport 8xx TLB to 2.4

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:30:20 +0200

Hi Joakim,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 01:30:06PM +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> This is a backport from 2.6 which I did to overcome 8xx CPU
> bugs. 8xx does not update the DAR register when taking a TLB
> error caused by dcbX and icbi insns which makes it very
> tricky to use these insns. Also the dcbst wrongly sets the
> the store bit when faulting into DTLB error.
> A few more bugs very found during development.
> 
> I know 2.4 is in strict maintenance mode and 8xx is obsolete
> but as it is still in use I wanted 8xx to age with grace.

Thank you. I must admit I was hoping those patches would come in
for a last release before the end of the year :-)

Unless there is any objection from anyone, I'll merge them when
kernel.org is back online.

Cheers,
Willy