Subject: Re: [PATCH v15 00/10] Add-Synopsys-DesignWare-HS-USB-OTG-driver

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:33:02 -0700

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:08:34PM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Tirumala Marri <[email-masked]>

Overall this driver seems to be based on the IP vendor driver? It
looks like a completely flexible driver that implements all possible
combinations of everything.

And as a result, it's huge, and it's got a lot of extra code in there that I'm
willing to bet that you have never even executed on your platform.

Please, pare it down to the portions that you have used, and know works
and can support. If others need the extra functionality in the future,
they can and will expand and bring in what is needed.

Compare this to the dwc3 driver, which is much much cleaner.

Overall other comments:

* Register definitions are crazy long. It means you have to do lots of line
  wraps to keep the 80-character limit, which makes it hard to read the code.
* The header files seem to have been autogenerated and have unnneeded
  shift/mask operations.

* It doesn't build on non-powerpc platforms since it uses out_{b,l}e accessors.

-Olof