Subject: Re: linux-next bad Kconfig for drivers/hid

From: Tony Breeds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:31:40 +1100

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:21:16AM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> > 
> > Hm.  How about making it "depends on HID && POWER_SUPPLY"?  I think that
> > would needlessly disable it if HID is also modular, but I'm not sure how
> > to fix that.  "depends on HID && POWER_SUPPLY && HID == POWER_SUPPLY"?

That would work, but I think technically I think you could end up with
HID=m and POWER_SUPPLY=m which would still allow HID_BATTERY_STRENGTH=y
which is the same problem.

I don't know what kind of .config contortions you'd need to do to get
there.
 
> How about making it 'default POWER_SUPPLY' instead?

By itself that wont help as POWER_SUPPLY=m statisfies.

So it looks like we have Jeremy's:
	HID && POWER_SUPPLY && HID == POWER_SUPPLY
or my:
	POWER_SUPPLY=y

Yours Tony