Subject: Re: [PATCH stable-2.6.27] powerpc: Add more Power7 specific definitions

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:42:50 +0100

Hi Tony,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:44:19AM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 07:35:28AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:52:02AM +1100, Michael Neuling wrote:
> > > stable-2.6.27.60 added c24cb8e5 which uses PV_POWER7 but it's not
> > > defined.  Following patch adds these definitions.
> > 
> > Thank you for the report Michael, I have no PPC toolchain so I have
> > not tested this one. Added now.
> 
> Just pimping the cross toolchains I build:
> 	http://kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/

Thanks for this pointer, it can indeed be quite useful from time to time,
especially to check gcc-related regressions.

That said, I'd rather not install a number of toolchains for systems
I can't test. I regularly build for i386/x86_64/arm with real configs
that I can boot a machine on when I have a doubt. Building random
configs do not always test all source code, especially on architectures
which support a wide variety of embedded platforms.

But I'm keeping the URL, Thanks :-)
Willy