Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 00/21] EEH reorganization

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:29:15 +0800

>> I just hit this on mainline from today (3.4.0-rc2-00065-gf549e08).
>> Haven't had a chance to narrow it down yet.

Thanks for the information. I'll try to reproduce the issue on
Firebird-L today. By the way, it seems that "mstmread" is some
user-level application accessing the config space while the problem
happened?

>
>Looking closer, it was caused by an EEH error at boot. It looks like
>the Mellanox infiniband card gets an error when probed by their
>firmware tool (mstmread), but only if the kernel driver is not loaded.
>I see this EEH error back on 3.0, so it's not new.
>
>The question now is why we oops in the EEH code on mainline.
>

It seems the crash was caused by something like WARN_ON(). I checked
the function pointed by the backtrace (eeh_dn_check_failure) and I
didn't find any place has called WARN_ON() staff. Maybe I missed something
here.

Anyway, I'll try to reproduce it on Firebird-L machine first of all
and then narrow it down.

>Anton

Thanks,
Gavin

>------------[ cut here ]------------
>WARNING: at arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c:492
>Modules linked in:
>NIP: c000000000056cc4 LR: c000000000056cc0 CTR: c00000000051dd60
>REGS: c000001f3953f6a0 TRAP: 0700   Not tainted  (3.4.0-rc2-00065-gf549e08-dirty)
>MSR: 8000000000029032 <SF,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI>  CR: 28004482  XER: 0000000f
>SOFTE: 0
>CFAR: c00000000074ea30
>TASK = c000001f39685040[19058] 'mstmread' THREAD: c000001f3953c000 CPU: 38
>GPR00: c000000000056cc0 c000001f3953f920 c000000000bd3a28 0000000000000021 
>GPR04: 0000000000000000 ffffffffffffffff 00000000000323f7 0000000000000000 
>GPR08: 000000006365203c c000000000b10a20 0000000000020000 c000000000a74cc0 
>GPR12: 0000000024004422 c00000000eda8500 000000003a58582e 00000000583a5858 
>GPR16: 000000002f585858 0000000069636573 000000002f646576 0000000010003b48 
>GPR20: 00000fffc7a3d17c 0000000000000058 0000000000000004 c000001f3953fb90 
>GPR24: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 c000000000c77088 c000003e6fffeee8 
>GPR28: c000000000d82680 0000000000000000 c000000000c770d0 0000000000000000 
>NIP [c000000000056cc4] .eeh_dn_check_failure+0x304/0x320
>LR [c000000000056cc0] .eeh_dn_check_failure+0x300/0x320
>Call Trace:
>[c000001f3953f920] [c000000000056cc0] .eeh_dn_check_failure+0x300/0x320 (unreliable)
>[c000001f3953f9d0] [c00000000002717c] .rtas_read_config+0x13c/0x1b0
>[c000001f3953fa70] [c0000000003d543c] .pci_user_read_config_dword+0xcc/0x150
>[c000001f3953fb20] [c0000000003e19d8] .pci_read_config+0xe8/0x2a0
>[c000001f3953fc00] [c00000000022d330] .read+0x130/0x210
>[c000001f3953fce0] [c0000000001a723c] .vfs_read+0xec/0x1e0
>[c000001f3953fd80] [c0000000001a73ec] .SyS_pread64+0xbc/0xd0
>[c000001f3953fe30] [c000000000009780] syscall_exit+0x0/0x7c
>Instruction dump:
>7f83e378 48001909 60000000 2fbf0000 419e002c e89f00d8 2fa40000 409e0008 
>e89f0098 e8629fb8 486f7d39 60000000 <0fe00000> 3b200001 4bfffdb4 e8829fa8 
>---[ end trace a6e6d788c9869e00 ]---
>EEH: Detected PCI bus error on device 0006:01:00.0
>EEH: This PCI device has failed 1 times in the last hour:
>EEH: Bus location=U78AB.001.WZSGRFL-P1-C4-T1 driver= pci addr=0006:01:00.0
>EEH: Device location=U78AB.001.WZSGRFL-P1-C4-T1 driver= pci addr=0006:01:00.0
>EEH: of node=/pci@800000020000203/pci1014,415@0
>EEH: PCI device/vendor: 673c15b3
>EEH: PCI cmd/status register: 00100140
>