Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: Use WARN instead of dump_stack when printing EEH error backtrace

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:16:48 +1000

When we get an EEH error we just print a backtrace with dump_stack
which is rather cryptic. We really should print something before
spewing out the backtrace.

Also switch from dump_stack to WARN so we get more information about
the fail - what modules were loaded, what process was running etc.
This was useful information when debugging a recent EEH subsystem bug.

The standard WARN output should also get picked up by monitoring
tools like kerneloops.

The register dump is of questionable value here but I figured it was
better to use something standard and not roll my own.

Signed-off-by: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
---

Index: linux-build/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c
===================================================================
--- linux-build.orig/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c	2012-04-13 10:29:53.576534339 +1000
+++ linux-build/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c	2012-04-13 10:51:22.592822459 +1000
@@ -489,7 +489,7 @@ int eeh_dn_check_failure(struct device_n
 	 * a stack trace will help the device-driver authors figure
 	 * out what happened.  So print that out.
 	 */
-	dump_stack();
+	WARN(1, "EEH: failure detected\n");
 	return 1;
 
 dn_unlock: