Subject: Re: Build regressions/improvements in v3.5-rc4

From: Paul Mundt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:20:10 +0900

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:06:27PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > JFYI, when comparing v3.5-rc4 to v3.5-rc3[3], the summaries are:
> > ??- build errors: +11/-219
> 
> 11 regressions:
>   + arch/sh/include/asm/fixmap.h: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'BUG_ON' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]:  => 133:2
>   + arch/sh/include/asm/thread_info.h: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'WARN_ON' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]:  => 172:2
>   + include/linux/huge_mm.h: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'BUG' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]:  => 185:2
> 
> shmin_defconfig, se7712_defconfig, se7721_defconfig, sh-allnoconfig
> 
I'm unable to reproduce any of these, is there some specific compiler
version or warning flag configuration I'm supposed to be using? I'm
building with 4.5.1 at the moment.