Subject: Re: MPC5200b jffs2 memcpy alignment problem

From: Anatolij Gustschin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:21:34 +0200

Hi Stephan,

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 08:47:01 +0200
Stephan Gatzka <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Albrecht,
> 
>  > I don't recall who proposed this patch, but exactly this solution is
>  > around for a longer time (mayby you search archives...).  On my board, I
>  > have a flash chip attached to the LocalBus in 16-bit mode.  Based on
>  > 3.2.16, the patch is:
> 
> Thanks for your answer and yes, this patch will definitely work. But I 
> want to have a solution in the mainline kernel, that's why I'm asking 
> how to deal best with this problem.

This problem has been discussed several times [1], [2], but wasn't
resolved yet. The clean solution suggested was to implement a custom
mapping driver [3].

Thanks,
Anatolij

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.mtd/21521
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc.embedded/36324
[3] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc.embedded/36324/focus=36608