Subject: [powerpc:next 63/78] arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:361:57: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'

From: Fengguang Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:58:06 +0800

Hi Gavin,

FYI, kernel build failed on

tree:   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git next
head:   4715fed600109e0bd3d6cfa2b925a643173a08b4
commit: c533b46cc7da58e5ccbd20ac2f607ff60d24eb4e [63/78] powerpc/eeh: Build EEH event based on PE
config: powerpc-allmodconfig (attached as .config)

All related error/warning messages:

make[3]: *** [arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_event.o] Error 1
make[3]: Target `__build' not remade because of errors.
--
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c: In function 'eeh_dn_check_failure':
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh.c:489:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'eeh_send_failure_event' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh_event.h:34:5: note: expected 'struct eeh_pe *' but argument is of type 'struct eeh_dev *'
--
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c: In function 'handle_eeh_events':
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:361:57: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:363:54: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:367:51: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:394:49: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c:395:50: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'
--
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_event.c: In function 'eeh_event_handler':
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_event.c:79:14: error: 'struct eeh_event' has no member named 'edev'

vim +361 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
   356		struct pci_bus *frozen_bus;
   357		int rc = 0;
   358		enum pci_ers_result result = PCI_ERS_RESULT_NONE;
   359		const char *location, *pci_str, *drv_str, *bus_pci_str, *bus_drv_str;
   360	
 > 361		frozen_dn = eeh_find_device_pe(eeh_dev_to_of_node(event->edev));
   362		if (!frozen_dn) {
   363			location = of_get_property(eeh_dev_to_of_node(event->edev), "ibm,loc-code", NULL);
   364			location = location ? location : "unknown";
   365			printk(KERN_ERR "EEH: Error: Cannot find partition endpoint "
   366			                "for location=%s pci addr=%s\n",

---
0-DAY kernel build testing backend         Open Source Technology Centre
Fengguang Wu <[email-masked]>                     Intel Corporation