Subject: Re: [PATCH 056/493] edac: remove use of __devexit_p

From: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:14:53 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 08:40:24AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> No, as there will not be any discarded sections anymore because
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG is always enabled. We will just delete this whole
> #if/#endif section once all users of __devexit_p() are gone from the
> tree.
>
> Does that help out?

Yes, I missed the fact that there won't be any discarded sections
anymore. Btw, in that case, you'd probably need to remove all those

#ifdef CONFIG_HOTPLUG

...

#endif

stanzas surrounding different places in the kernel (I see 40ish
currenty) now that HOTPLUG is def_bool y and if you haven't done so yet.

Thanks for explaining.

Btw, you can have my

Acked-by: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>

for the amd64_edac pieces.

-- 
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.