Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: POWER7 optimised memcpy using VMX and enhanced prefetch

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:33:33 +1100

Hi Jimi,

> I know this is a little late, but shouldn't these power7 specific
> thingies be in "obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_64)". The reason I ask is
> that my compiler pukes on "dcbtst" and as I deal with that I wanted
> to point this out.

I guess we could do that. It's a bit strange your assembler is
complaining about the dcbtst instructions since we wrap them with
power4:

.machine push
.machine "power4"
        dcbt    r0,r4,0b01000
        dcbt    r0,r7,0b01010
        dcbtst  r0,r9,0b01000
        dcbtst  r0,r10,0b01010
        eieio
        dcbt    r0,r8,0b01010   /* GO */
.machine pop

Anton