Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 6/11] Update CPU Maps

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 15:42:40 +1100

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 01:57:08PM -0500, Nathan Fontenot wrote:
> From: Jesse Larrew <[email-masked]>
> 
> Platform events such as partition migration or the new PRRN firmware
> feature can cause the NUMA characteristics of a CPU to change, and these
> changes will be reflected in the device tree nodes for the affected
> CPUs.
> 
> This patch registers a handler for Open Firmware device tree updates
> and reconfigures the CPU and node maps whenever the associativity
> changes. Currently, this is accomplished by marking the affected CPUs in
> the cpu_associativity_changes_mask and allowing
> arch_update_cpu_topology() to retrieve the new associativity information
> using hcall_vphn().
> 
> Protecting the NUMA cpu maps from concurrent access during an update
> operation will be addressed in a subsequent patch in this series.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>

[snip]

> +	if (firmware_has_feature(OV5_PRRN)) {

Shouldn't this be FW_FEATURE_PRRN?  How well has this patch been
tested? :-/

Paul.