Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/10] powerpc/eeh: Check PCIe link after reset

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 16:04:20 +0800

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 05:57:44PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 15:47 +0800, Gavin Shan wrote:
>> If we just have complete reset for fenced PHB, we need restore it
>> from the cache (edev->config_space[1]) instead of reading that from
>> hardware. Fenced PHB is the special case on PowerNV :-)
>
>Well not really...
>
>In general we can also end up doing a hard reset under pHyp, and bridges
>can lose their state as well, which means they need to be restored from
>cache.
>
>We don't see the real PHB, but we might see the bridges if we have a PE
>that contains a bridge, for example, a PCIe card with a switch on it.
>
>If we hard reset that (because the driver requested it) or if pHyp did a
>reset due to a fence behind the scene, that bridge *will* have lost its
>state and will need to be reconfigured too... or is RTAS doing it all ?
>

Ok. So that would be job of eeh_ops->configure_bridge(). On pSeries, it
should have done with that.

Thanks,
Gavin