Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/pci: Avoid overriding MSI interrupt

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 09:51:37 +0800

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 09:09:20AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 21:10 +0800, Gavin Shan wrote:

.../...

>I'm running some tests, so far it looks good. However, Gavin, when you
>have a chance on vpl3, try injecting errors to other adapters, for
>example the VGA adapter (you need to do lspci to trigger the EEH
>detection after that since there's no driver and use the "loc code"
>variant off errinjct) or eth2 (the cxgb3).
>
>All I get from EEH with these is:
>
>[  362.962564] EEH: Detected PCI bus error on PHB#7-PE#10000
>[  362.962570] eeh_handle_event: Cannot find PCI bus for PHB#7-PE#10000
>
>and
>
>[  424.381083] EEH: Detected PCI bus error on PHB#6-PE#10000
>[  424.381089] eeh_handle_event: Cannot find PCI bus for PHB#6-PE#10000
>
>Followed by ... nothing.
>

Ben, I think one patch was lost from mainline and that fixes the problem.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?id=5fb621698e94e3af8b413d9439041fde48e2784d

I had the patch applied to /home/benh/linux-test and have following commands
to inject errors, everything looks good :-)

errinjct eeh -v -f 0 -p U78AB.001.WZSGBJ6-P1-C5-T1 -a 0x0 -m 0x0
errinjct eeh -v -f 0 -p U78AB.001.WZSGBJ6-P1-C6-T1 -a 0x0 -m 0x0

Thanks,
Gavin