Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4 V2] mmc: esdhc: Add quirks to support T4240QDS board

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:35:03 -0700

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 12:18:39PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> On 07/08/2013 02:16:04 AM, Haijun Zhang wrote:
> >On T4240QDS board controllers has an unusable ADMA engine, so use
> >SDMA instead.
> >Also 3.0v is support on T4240QDS board even if the capacity
> >detailed only 1.8v
> >support. Without this quirk SD card will declare voltage not
> >support and
> >
> >Signed-off-by: Haijun Zhang <[email-masked]>
> 
> ...and what?
> 
> Why is this board-specific?  Isn't the controller part of the SoC,
> not part of the board?  If it really is board-specific, could you be
> more detailed about why (ideally with an erratum number), and check
> the toplevel board compatible (or get the information from platform
> code) rather than modify the device tree?

Yup, and if anything, I would recommend to reuse voltage-ranges property,
it is already implemented for mmc spi driver,

drivers/mmc/host/of_mmc_spi.c
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc-spi-slot.txt

Thanks,

Anton