Subject: Re: [PATCH] drivers/crypto/nx: saves chaining value from co-processor

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 12:21:21 +1000

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 05:16:56PM -0500, Fionnuala Gunter wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 07:59 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 16:55 -0500, Fionnuala Gunter wrote:
> > > Sorry, I thought linuxppc-dev was the right tree since the patch is
> > > for
> > > a ppc driver and you've carried previous nx driver submissions
> > > upstream. 
> > > 
> > > I want to submit to the proper place, so what is your preference?
> > 
> > Well, that's the right place if you want me to merge it, which seems to
> > be what Marcelo is also expecting...
> 
> Please merge this patch, it fixes a hot bug.

You don't actually mention that anywhere in the changelog.

The description implies that it's probably a bug, but doesn't describe
the symptoms in any way - does it make it completely non-functional or
just break in certain corner cases.

And you make no mention of when this bug appeared, has it always been
there, or was it introduced by a particular commit? That's important
because it helps determine whether the patch should go into any of the
stable trees.

cheers