Subject: [PATCH 0/7]: Enable 'perf mem' command for Power

From: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:48:32 -0700

[PATCH 0/7]: Enable 'perf mem' command for Power

'perf mem' command enables analyzing the memory operations of an
application. It needs the kernel to export the memory hierarcy
level from which a load instruction was satisfied.

It also needs the Power kernel to make the 'mem-loads' and 'mem-stores'
generic events available in sysfs. While there, we also export the
other Power8 generic events in sysfs.

Thanks to input from Stephane Eranian and Michael Ellerman.

P.S. The patchset builds on several configurations including pmac32_defconfig.
     But I am unable to verify the build on few other configs due to a problem
     unrleated to this patchset. That is being discussed in a separate thread.
     I would like some feedback on this patchset in the meanwhile.

Sukadev Bhattiprolu (7):
  powerpc/perf: Rename Power8 macros to start with PME
  powerpc/perf: Export Power8 generic events in sysfs
  powerpc/perf: Create mem-loads/mem-stores events for Power8
  powerpc/perf: Create mem-loads/mem-stores events for Power7
  powerpc/perf: Define big-endian version of perf_mem_data_src
  powerpc/perf: Export Power8 memory hierarchy info to user space.
  powerpc/perf: Export Power7 memory hierarchy info to user space.

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/perf_event_server.h |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/perf/core-book3s.c              |   11 +++
 arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c               |   81 ++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c               |  106 +++++++++++++++++++++++---
 include/uapi/linux/perf_event.h              |   55 +++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 243 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)