Subject: [PATCH 2/7] powerpc/perf: Export Power8 generic events in sysfs

From: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:50:09 -0700

[PATCH 2/7] powerpc/perf: Export Power8 generic events in sysfs

Export existing Power8 generic events in sysfs.

Cc: Paul Mckerras <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c |   23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c b/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
index 30c6b12..ff98fb8 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/perf/power8-pmu.c
@@ -510,6 +510,28 @@ static void power8_disable_pmc(unsigned int pmc, unsigned long mmcr[])
 		mmcr[1] &= ~(0xffUL << MMCR1_PMCSEL_SHIFT(pmc + 1));
 }
 
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(cpu-cyles,			PM_CYC);
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(stalled-cycles-frontend,	PM_GCT_NOSLOT_CYC);
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(stalled-cycles-backend,	PM_CMPLU_STALL);
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(instructions,		PM_INST_CMPL);
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(branch-instructions,		PM_BRU_FIN);
+GENERIC_EVENT_ATTR(branch-misses,		PM_BR_MPRED_CMPL);
+
+static struct attribute *power8_events_attr[] = {
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_CYC),
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_GCT_NOSLOT_CYC),
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_CMPLU_STALL),
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_INST_CMPL),
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_BRU_FIN),
+	GENERIC_EVENT_PTR(PM_BR_MPRED_CMPL),
+	NULL
+};
+
+static struct attribute_group power8_pmu_events_group = {
+	.name = "events",
+	.attrs = power8_events_attr,
+};
+
 PMU_FORMAT_ATTR(event,		"config:0-49");
 PMU_FORMAT_ATTR(pmcxsel,	"config:0-7");
 PMU_FORMAT_ATTR(mark,		"config:8");
@@ -546,6 +568,7 @@ struct attribute_group power8_pmu_format_group = {
 
 static const struct attribute_group *power8_pmu_attr_groups[] = {
 	&power8_pmu_format_group,
+	&power8_pmu_events_group,
 	NULL,
 };
 
-- 
1.7.1