Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] [PATCH v4 1/2] ASoC: fsl: Add S/PDIF CPU DAI driver

From: Nicolin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:18:23 +0800

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 09:47:19AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> If the clock source name list is different, then it needs a different
> compatible value, so that each compatible value can specify which clock
> names are required.
> 
> Also, the compatible value itself should always include the exact HW
> that's present (most specific HW version), as well as any other HW it's
> compatible with.
 
Thank you for the comments. Yes, I did so in v1-v3, but after rethinking
about the situation (Actually both the HW version and the clock mux itself
are same, just the clock sources connecting to the mux might be different),
so I decided to do this by abstracting the driver from those source info
and letting DT binding to pass such information. Because I think putting 
the clock sources into the driver differed by compatible value would make
the driver more like SoC-specified, not the ideal way -- SoC-independent,
since the clock sources are based on SoC design, not on itself.

Thank you,
Nicolin Chen