Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/9] EEH improvement

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:26:26 +0800

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 01:37:41PM +0800, Gavin Shan wrote:
>The series of patches intends to improve reliability of EEH on PowerNV
>platform. First all, we have had multiple duplicate states (flags) for
>PHB and PE, so we remove those duplicate states to simplify the code.
>Besides, we had corrupted PHB diag-data for case of frozen PE. In order
>to solve the problem, we introduce eeh_ops->event() and notifications
>are sent from EEH core to (PowerNV) platform on creating or destroying
>PE instance so that we can allocate or free PHB diag-data backend. Then
>we cache the PHB diag-data on the first call to eeh_ops->get_state()
>and dump it afterwards, which helps to get correct PHB diag-data.
>
>With the patchset applied, we never dump PHB diag-data for INF errors.
>Instead, we just maintain statistics in /proc/powerpc/eeh_inf_err. Also,
>we changed the PHB diag-data dump format for a bit to have multiple
>fields per line and omits the line with all zero'd fields as Ben suggested.
>
>
>v1 -> v2:
>	* Amending commit logs
>	* Support eeh_ops->event() and maintain PHB diag-data on basis
>	  of PE instance
>	* When dumping PHB diag-data, to replace "-" with "00000000" and
>	  omit the line if the fields of it are all zeros.
>

Please ignore this and I'm going to send out v3 where we just
grab and dump the PHB diag-data (without cache any more) as
Ben suggested :-)

Thanks,
Gavin

>---
>
>arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h               |    7 ++-
>arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh.c                    |   10 +---
>arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_driver.c             |   10 ++--
>arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_pe.c                 |   39 ++++++++++++-
>arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-ioda.c    |  193 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
>arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-powernv.c |   74 +++++++++++++++++++-----
>arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c         |  228 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
>arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.h         |   11 ++--
>arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_pseries.c |    3 +-
>9 files changed, 358 insertions(+), 217 deletions(-)
>
>Thanks,
>Gavin
>