Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Revert "KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Add new state for transactional memory"

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:50:28 +1100

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 04:06:09PM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
> 
> This reverts commit 7b490411c37f7ab7965cbdfe5e3ec28eadb6db5b which cause
> the below crash in the host.

OK, I understand now what happened, which is this: when I sent out
that patch, I inadvertently included a hunk of extra code as a result
of not cleaning up a rebase properly.  The next patch in the series
removed the extraneous hunk, but Alex didn't apply the next patch.

We can either do this revert, or apply a patch removing the extra
hunk, but one or the other should go in for 3.14 since it's quite
broken as it is (that is, HV-mode KVM on powerpc is broken).

Paolo, do you have a preference about revert vs. fix?  Are you happy
to take what Aneesh sent (in which case please add my acked-by and
perhaps edit the commentary to say how the problem arose), or do you
want a freshly-prepared patch, and if so against which branch?

Thanks,
Paul.