Subject: Re: Tasks stuck in futex code (in 3.14-rc6)

From: Srikar Dronamraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:39:33 +0530

> > 
> > Infact I can reproduce this if the java_constraint is either node, socket, system.
> > However I am not able to reproduce if java_constraint is set to core.
> 
> What's any of that mean?
> 

Using the constraint, one can specify how many jvm instances should
participate in the specjbb run.

For example on a 4 node box, I can say 2 jvms per constraint with
constraint set to node and specjbb will run with 8 instances of java.

I was running with 1 jvm per constraint. But when I set the constraint
to node/System, I keep seeing this problem. However if I set the
constraint to core (which means running more instances of java), the
problem is not seen. I kind of guess, the lesser the number of java
instances the easier it is to reproduce. 

-- 
Thanks and Regards
Srikar Dronamraju