Subject: Re: Tasks stuck in futex code (in 3.14-rc6)

From: Srikar Dronamraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:25:01 +0530

> 
> Ok, so a big reason why this patch doesn't apply cleanly after reverting
> is because *most* of the changes were done at the top of the file with
> regards to documenting the ordering guarantees, the actual code changes
> are quite minimal.
> 
> I reverted commits 99b60ce6 (documentation) and b0c29f79 (the offending
> commit), and then I cleanly applied the equivalent ones from v3 of the
> series (which was already *tested* and ready for upstream until you
> suggested looking into the alternative spinlock approach):
> 
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/19/624
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/19/630

I reverted commits 99b60ce6 and b0c29f79. Then applied the patches in
the above url. The last one had a reject but it was pretty
straightforward to resolve it. After this, specjbb completes. 

So reverting and applying v3 3/4 and 4/4 patches works for me.

-- 
Thanks and Regards
Srikar Dronamraju