Subject: [PATCH] powerpc/powernv: Fix endian issues in memory error handling code

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 14:48:48 +1000

struct OpalMemoryErrorData is passed to us from firmware, so we
have to byteswap it.

Signed-off-by: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
---

Having enums in a firmware interface concerns me, but that cleanup
can be in a subsequent patch.

Mahesh, could you give this a test to see if it works?

Index: b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h
===================================================================
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h
@@ -482,7 +482,7 @@ enum OpalMemErr_DynErrType {
 struct OpalMemoryErrorData {
 	enum OpalMemErr_Version	version:8;	/* 0x00 */
 	enum OpalMemErrType	type:8;		/* 0x01 */
-	uint16_t		flags;		/* 0x02 */
+	__be16			flags;		/* 0x02 */
 	uint8_t			reserved_1[4];	/* 0x04 */
 
 	union {
@@ -490,15 +490,15 @@ struct OpalMemoryErrorData {
 		struct {
 			enum OpalMemErr_ResilErrType resil_err_type:8;
 			uint8_t		reserved_1[7];
-			uint64_t	physical_address_start;
-			uint64_t	physical_address_end;
+			__be64		physical_address_start;
+			__be64		physical_address_end;
 		} resilience;
 		/* Dynamic memory deallocation error info */
 		struct {
 			enum OpalMemErr_DynErrType dyn_err_type:8;
 			uint8_t		reserved_1[7];
-			uint64_t	physical_address_start;
-			uint64_t	physical_address_end;
+			__be64		physical_address_start;
+			__be64		physical_address_end;
 		} dyn_dealloc;
 	} u;
 };
Index: b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-memory-errors.c
===================================================================
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-memory-errors.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-memory-errors.c
@@ -47,12 +47,12 @@ static void handle_memory_error_event(st
 		  __func__, merr_evt->type);
 	switch (merr_evt->type) {
 	case OPAL_MEM_ERR_TYPE_RESILIENCE:
-		paddr_start = merr_evt->u.resilience.physical_address_start;
-		paddr_end = merr_evt->u.resilience.physical_address_end;
+		paddr_start = be64_to_cpu(merr_evt->u.resilience.physical_address_start);
+		paddr_end = be64_to_cpu(merr_evt->u.resilience.physical_address_end);
 		break;
 	case OPAL_MEM_ERR_TYPE_DYN_DALLOC:
-		paddr_start = merr_evt->u.dyn_dealloc.physical_address_start;
-		paddr_end = merr_evt->u.dyn_dealloc.physical_address_end;
+		paddr_start = be64_to_cpu(merr_evt->u.dyn_dealloc.physical_address_start);
+		paddr_end = be64_to_cpu(merr_evt->u.dyn_dealloc.physical_address_end);
 		break;
 	default:
 		return;