Subject: Re: [PATCH] ASoC: fsl_sai: Add asynchronous mode support

From: Nicolin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:07:36 +0800

Hi Varka,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 04:29:50PM +0530, Varka Bhadram wrote:
> >diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/fsl-sai.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/fsl-sai.txt
> >index 0f4e238..77864f4 100644
> >--- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/fsl-sai.txt
> >+++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/fsl-sai.txt
> >@@ -24,6 +24,22 @@ Required properties:
> >  - big-endian-data: If this property is absent, the little endian mode will
> >    be in use as default, or the big endian mode will be in use for all the
> >    fifo data.
> >+- fsl,sai-synchronous-rx: This is a boolean property. If present, indicating
> >+  that SAI will work in the synchronous mode (sync Tx with Rx) which means
> >+  both the transimitter and receiver will send and receive data by following
> >+  receiver's bit clocks and frame sync clocks.
> >+- fsl,sai-asynchronous: This is a boolean property. If present, indicating
> >+  that SAI will work in the asynchronous mode, which means both transimitter
> >+  and receiver will send and receive data by following their own bit clocks
> >+  and frame sync clocks separately.
> >
> Would be readable if it like this...
> 
> fsl,sai-synchronous-rx: This is a boolean property. If present, indicating
> 			that SAI will work in the synchronous mode (sync Tx with Rx) which means
> 			both the transimitter and receiver will send and receive data by following
> 			receiver's bit clocks and frame sync clocks.
> - fsl,sai-asynchronous: This is a boolean property. If present, indicating
> 			that SAI will work in the asynchronous mode, which means both transimitter
> 			and receiver will send and receive data by following their own bit clocks
> 			and frame sync clocks separately.

I agree, however, the doc was initialized in that format. Adding
indentations for these two appended lines makes the whole text
look weird. :(

Thank you,
Nicolin