Subject: [PATCH v3 00/21] powerpc/8xx: Optimise MMU TLB handling and add support of 16k pages

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:36:56 +0200 (CEST)

This patchset:
1) provides several MMU TLB handling optimisation on MPC8xx.
2) adds support of 16k pages on MPC8xx.
All changes have been successfully tested on a custom board equipped with MPC885

Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>

---
Changes in v2:
- Patch number 10 removed, it was implementing a 16 bit alignment of the PGDIR.
It is not worth potentially wasting up to 64k of memory just for removing one
instruction (ori).
- Preserve r11 while calculating the level 2 address, therefore no more need to
save r11 into CR.

Changes in v3:
- Few fixes following review from Joachim Tjernlund
- Removed the major hack which was saving resisters in memory for CPU6 errata
- Invalidating non present TLB entries earlier (in head_8xx instead of fault.c)

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu-8xx.h       |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgtable-ppc32.h |  20 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pte-8xx.h       |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h           |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_8xx.S           | 370 ++++++++++++-------------
 arch/powerpc/mm/fault.c                  |   9 +-
 7 files changed, 203 insertions(+), 210 deletions(-)