Subject: Re: [3/3] powerpc/eeh: Fix missed PE#0 on P7IOC

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:26:41 +1100

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 03:09:10PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
>On Mon, 2014-24-11 at 22:27:00 UTC, Gavin Shan wrote:
>> PE#0 should be regarded as valid for P7IOC, while it's invalid for
>> PHB3. The patch adds flag EEH_VALID_PE_ZERO to differentiate those
>> two cases. Without the patch, we possibly see frozen PE#0 state is
>> cleared without EEH recovery taken on P7IOC as following kernel logs
>> indicate:
>
>This sounds like an urgent fix but I'm not sure.
>

You can pick it up for next release. Usually, we shouldn't see errors
from PE#0. Something I did to force that for testing purpose: disable
memory windows of the root complex and then access one of memory BARs
on one adapter behind the root complex.

Thanks,
Gavin

>cheers