Subject: Re: powerpc/pci: remove pci device on a bus in reverse order

From: Wei Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:21:18 +0800

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 04:40:35PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
>On Thu, 2014-04-12 at 03:24:37 UTC, Wei Yang wrote:
>> As in commit ac205b7b (PCI: make sriov work with hotplug remove) indicates,
>> when removing pci devices on a bus which has VFs, we need to remove them in
>> the reverse order.
>> 
>> This patch applies this pattern on the hotplug remove path on powerpc arch.
>
>So is this is a bug fix?

It hasn't trigger a bug yet. I found this issue during the code reading. When
VFs are enabled and try to remove a bus with VFs, it will face a problem. So I
port the change in commit ac205b7b here.

>
>Where/how have you tested this?

I have tested after change on Power8, the EEH hotplug path works fine for PFs
now. Will test this when EEH for VFs are ready.

Suggest me to keep it untill EEH for VFs are ready?

>cheers

-- 
Richard Yang
Help you, Help me