Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] i2c: Driver to expose PowerNV platform i2c busses

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:54:35 +0100

> > Oh, I thought we agreed that you take it via powerpc. I still think this
> > is the best solution.
> 
> I threatened to do that :-) I don't remember you replying, did I miss
> it ?

It is here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.i2c/20762/focus=21099

> If you are ok with the driver and are happy for me to take it,
> please send an Ack.

"Happy" is not the correct word, but let's just go over with it. Maybe
like this:

Acked-by: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]> (I2C part, excluding the bindings)

> From a binding perspective, it's just a piece of additional info that
> the firmware provides for convenience.

I do understand the use case. I even agree it makes sense to have
something like this. It is just that I'd prefer a generic, widely
acknowledged solution, with consensus where it belongs and how it should
be named. Not a custom solution which, frankly, feels forced on me
by time pressure I have nothing to do with. So, not happy here, but also
not looking for drama. Let's move on...