Subject: Re: powerpc/powernv: Don't alloc IRQ map if necessary

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:22:48 +1100

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 04:54:59PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
>On Thu, 2015-08-01 at 05:42:32 UTC, Gavin Shan wrote:
>> On PowerNV platform, the OPAL interrupts are exported by firmware
>> through device-node property (/ibm,opal::opal-interrupts). Under
>> some extreme circumstances (e.g. simulator), we don't have this
>> property found from the device tree. For that case, we shouldn't
>> allocate the interrupt map. Otherwise, slab complains allocating
>> zero sized memory chunk.
>
>That sounds fine. But the implementation is a bit messy.
>
>Can you do a precursor patch which moves the logic into opal_irq_init(), that
>way when you find no interrupts you can just return.
>

Sure, I'll change the code accordingly and repost.

Thanks,
Gavin

>cheers