Subject: [PATCH v1 0/2] perf/kvm: perf-kvm-stat on powerpc

From: Hemant Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:13:26 +0530

perf kvm stat record/report which can be used to analyze KVM related statistics
isn't enabled on powerpc. This patchset enables "perf kvm stat" on powerpc.
The first patch enables perf kvm stat record and report to report kvm exits.

"record" enables recording of the tracepoints: kvm_hv:kvm_guest_enter and
kvm_hv:kvm_guest_exit in the first patch and kvm_hv:kvm_hcall_enter and
kvm_hv:kvm_hcall_exit in the second patch.

This command can be used to record kvm events on the host:
# perf kvm stat record -a

To report the kvm guest related exit events, use:
# perf kvm stat report
or
# perf kvm stat report --event=vmexit

This should show the exit events along with the exit reasons.

The second patch in this series adds support to show the hcall events too with:
# perf kvm stat report --event=syscall

---

Hemant Kumar (1):
      perf/kvm: perf-kvm-stat to report syscalls

Srikar Dronamraju (1):
      perf/kvm: Enable perf-kvm-stat record/report on powerpc

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h            |  120 -------------------------
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/hcall_codes.h  |  123 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm_perf.h     |   19 ++++
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/trace_book3s.h |   33 +++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/trace_hcall.h  |  122 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_book3s.h              |   32 -------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_hv.h                  |  119 -------------------------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_pr.h                  |    2 
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/Makefile             |    1 
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/Build           |    1 
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/kvm-stat.c      |   94 ++++++++++++++++++++
 11 files changed, 398 insertions(+), 268 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/hcall_codes.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm_perf.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/trace_book3s.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/trace_hcall.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_book3s.h
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/kvm-stat.c

--