Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/10] split ET_DYN ASLR from mmap ASLR

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 22:54:37 +0100

* Kees Cook <[email-masked]> wrote:

> To address the "offset2lib" ASLR weakness[1], this separates ET_DYN
> ASLR from mmap ASLR, as already done on s390. The architectures
> that are already randomizing mmap (arm, arm64, mips, powerpc, s390,
> and x86), have their various forms of arch_mmap_rnd() made available
> via the new CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_ELF_RANDOMIZE. For these architectures,
> arch_randomize_brk() is collapsed as well.
> 
> This is an alternative to the solutions in:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/2/23/442
> 
> I've been able to test x86 and arm, and the buildbot (so far) seems
> happy with building the rest.

Ok, this looks really good - for all patches:

   Reviewed-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

Thanks,

	Ingo