Subject: Re: Old regression with MTD devices disappearing from a Kurobox HD/HG

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 21:37:33 -0300

Dear Scott,

Once again, thank you very much for your answer.

On Apr 07 2015, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 20:58 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > This is good to know. Is there any reasonable dts that I can copy/adapt?
> 
> I'm not familiar with how flash is connected on this chip, so I don't
> have a specific recommendation other than to read the binding and look
> at several examples.

How can I discover how the flash is connected? I'm really showing here that
I am only a luser, but I am willing to find any specs so that this can be
fixed.

> > Another question: would putting the description of the flash device into the
> > dts file be helpful to remove any code from the kernel?
> 
> If you currently have a custom flash map driver, you could get rid of
> that, but I suspect that's already gone away due to the fact that it's
> no longer working.

I see. If I do some "archaeology" (read: bisect when it stopped working),
would that help to discover how the flash is connected?

Thanks once again,

-- 
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://cynic.cc/blog/ : github.com/rbrito : profiles.google.com/rbrito
DebianQA: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rbrito%40ime.usp.br