Subject: Re: [RESEND PATCH 0/4] ppc64 LE ABI v2 ftrace-with-regs implementation

From: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:40:44 -0400

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:00:44 +0200
Torsten Duwe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> | kernel/bounds.c:1:0: error: -mcall-aixdesc incompatible with -mabi=elfv2
> 
> Are you building ppc64, little endian, ELF ABIv2 ?

It's big endian.

> Is your cross compiler working properly?

Well, just before applying your patches, I built and booted 4.1-rc8 on
that box. Then I applied the patches and got the error on build.

I just reverted your patches, and it builds again.

> 
> I'm compiling natively on that platform (faster for me than an x86 ;-)

x86 is bit faster for me to compile.

> | GNU assembler (GNU Binutils; SUSE Linux Enterprise 12) 2.24.0.20140403-7
> | gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.8.3 20140627 [gcc-4_8-branch revision 212064]

I'm using the cross tool chains from kernel.org

https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.6.3/

 powerpc64-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.6.3

> 
> 4.1.0-rc8 config attached.

Um, what do you want me to do with your config? If your patches don't
build on my box when vanilla does, it's a regression. In other words,
you broke my machine.

-- Steve