Subject: [PATCH v3 4/8] ppc64 ftrace_with_regs: spare early boot and low level

From: Torsten Duwe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:58:44 +0100

Using -mprofile-kernel on early boot code not only confuses the
checker but is also useless, as the infrastructure is not yet in
place. Proceed like with -pg (remove it from CFLAGS), equally with
time.o and ftrace itself.

  * arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile:
    - remove -mprofile-kernel from low level and boot code objects'
      CFLAGS for FUNCTION_TRACER configurations.

Signed-off-by: Torsten Duwe <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile | 12 ++++++------
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
index ba33693..0f417d5 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
@@ -16,14 +16,14 @@ endif
 
 ifdef CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER
 # Do not trace early boot code
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_cputable.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_prom_init.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_btext.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_prom.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_cputable.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_prom_init.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_btext.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_prom.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
 # do not trace tracer code
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_ftrace.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_ftrace.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
 # timers used by tracing
-CFLAGS_REMOVE_time.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog
+CFLAGS_REMOVE_time.o = -pg -mno-sched-epilog -mprofile-kernel
 endif
 
 obj-y				:= cputable.o ptrace.o syscalls.o \
-- 
1.8.5.6