Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] perf: bpf: Fix build breakage due to libbpf

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:46:08 -0300

Em Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 09:31:46PM +0800, Wangnan (F) escreveu:
> On 2016/1/8 20:51, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> >Em Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 11:09:35AM +0530, Naveen N. Rao escreveu:
> >>On 2016/01/07 05:39PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> >>>Em Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 12:28:15PM +0530, Naveen N. Rao escreveu:
> >>>>On 2015/12/17 09:19AM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> >>>>>Em Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:37:14AM +0530, Naveen N. Rao escreveu:
> >>>>Arnaldo,
> >>>>Can you please push at least the initial 3 patches of this for v4.4?
> >>>>Wang Nan has posted v6 here:
> >>>>http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/2110626
> >>>So I tried it again today, from the v6, the latest patch with that
> >>>subject line in my inbox, and I get this, after applying the first three
> >>>patches:

> >>>$ make -C tools clean > /dev/null
> >>>$ make -C tools/perf build-test
> >>Thanks, and sorry for the slip-up there - I should've caught that.
> >The important thing is that it gets caught before getting to Ingo, let
> >alone Linus, but if you get it before me, I'd appreciate as well 8-)
 
> Is it possible to ask Fengguang Wu to help us adding perf building test
> in his kbuild testing system?

I was thinking about this yesterday, when, IIRC, a change made by Kan
Liang (IIRC) to a kernel/events/ file, in the kernel proper, triggered a
warning about some casts and I got a warning, since I was in the commig
log CC list.

Since perf is in the kernel sources, and since we have the 'make -C
tools/perf build-test' harness, that would be really great to have it
hooked into the 0day bot...
 
> Add Fengguang Wu into cc list.
> 
> Thank you.

Thanks!

- Arnaldo