Subject: Re: [PATCH] mtd/ifc: Add support for IFC controller version 2.0

From: Brian Norris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:44:11 -0800

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 05:07:16PM -0600, Li Yang wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Raghav Dogra <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > The new IFC controller version 2.0 has a different memory map page.
> > Upto IFC 1.4 PAGE size is 4 KB and from IFC2.0 PAGE size is 64KB.
> > This patch segregates the IFC global and runtime registers to appropriate
> > PAGE sizes.
> 
> If the global registers and the runtime registers are so independent
> that they have to be on different page boundaries, it would make more
> sense for them to be defined as separate reg regions in the device
> tree at the very beginning.  Then we would only need to change the
> device tree now and it would be future proof for any page size.

To be clear: Scott, you were NACK'ing the DT binding change request,
right? I though we had an Ack on the previous revision (that Raghav
failed to carry).

> >
> > Signed-off-by: Jaiprakash Singh <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Raghav Dogra <[email-masked]>
> 
> The patch cannot apply on latest 4.5-rc cleanly either.  Otherwise,

Yeah... neither this patch nor its (allegedly) dependent patch [1] apply
cleanly.

If you expect me to take this patch via MTD, please rebase to
l2-mtd.git as stated here:

http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/source.html

> Acked-by: Li Yang <[email-masked]>

Brian

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/564785/