Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 00/45] powerpc/powernv: PCI hotplug support

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:25:56 +1000

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 01:26:51PM +1000, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:

.../...

>>
>>Do you mean physically pull the adapter out and insert the same
>>adapter back? What's the point for the test case?
>
>
>Because this is what the patchset is for - to replace a physical device on a
>physical machine. Powering on/off the slots via sysfs is just an
>approximation (which is fine when you are debugging), something can go wrong
>and require some work but you do not know it for sure.
>

Yes, It's absolutely worthy to be covered by the test cases though case (2)
covers part of that. Anyway, I'll test it through in next revision. Thanks
for your review.

>-- 
>Alexey