Subject: [PATCH 00/12] Remove unneeded build directory traversals

From: "Andrew F. Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 15:01:59 -0500

Hello all,

I was building a kernel for x86 and noticed Make still descended into
directories like drivers/gpu/drm/hisilicon, this seems kind of odd given
nothing will be built here. It looks to be due to some directories being
included in obj-y unconditionally instead of only when the relevant
CONFIG_ is set.

These patches are split by subsystem in-case, for some reason, a file in
a directory does need to be built, I believe I have checked for all
instances of this, but a quick review from some maintainers would be nice.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew F. Davis (12):
  gpio: Only descend into gpio directory when CONFIG_GPIOLIB is set
  pwm: Only descend into pwm directory when CONFIG_PWM is set
  amba: Only descend into amba directory when CONFIG_ARM_AMBA is set
  NFC: Only descend into nfc directory when CONFIG_NFC is set
  macintosh: Only descend into directory when CONFIG_MACINTOSH_DRIVERS
    is set
  hsi: Only descend into hsi directory when CONFIG_HSI is set
  auxdisplay: Only descend into directory when CONFIG_AUXDISPLAY is set
  i2c: Only descend into i2c directory when CONFIG_I2C is set
  [media] Only descend into directory when CONFIG_MEDIA_SUPPORT is set
  lguest: Only descend into lguest directory when CONFIG_LGUEST is set
  mmc: Only descend into mmc directory when CONFIG_MMC is set
  leds: Only descend into leds directory when CONFIG_NEW_LEDS is set

 drivers/Makefile | 27 ++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.3