Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] powerpc: Send SIGBUS on unaligned copy and paste

From: Chris Smart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:50:57 +1000

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 08:57:50AM +0200, Christophe Leroy wrote:
>
>Le 09/06/2016 à 08:01, Chris Smart a écrit :
>>Calling ISA 3.0 instructions copy, copy_first, paste and paste_last
>>generates an alignment fault when copying or pasting unaligned
>>data (128 byte). We catch this and send SIGBUS to the userspace
>>process that caused it.
>>

[snip]

>>+    if ((instruction & 0xfc0006fe) == 0x7c00060c){
>
>Can you define corresponding instruction and mask in 
>arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h
>and use symbolic names here instead of raw values ?
>

Yep, thanks. Will look at doing this for V2.

Cheers,
-c