Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] implement vcpu preempted check

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:10:40 +0200

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 07:45:10AM -0400, Pan Xinhui wrote:
> change from v2:
> 	no code change, fix typos, update some comments
> 
> change from v1:
> 	a simplier definition of default vcpu_is_preempted
> 	skip mahcine type check on ppc, and add config. remove dedicated macro.
> 	add one patch to drop overload of rwsem_spin_on_owner and mutex_spin_on_owner. 
> 	add more comments
> 	thanks boqun and Peter's suggestion.
> 
> This patch set aims to fix lock holder preemption issues.

So I really like the concept, but I would also really like to see
support for more hypervisors included before we can move forward with
this.

Please consider s390 and (x86/arm) KVM. Once we have a few, more can
follow later, but I think its important to not only have PPC support for
this.