Subject: [PATCH 0/7] build updates

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 14:15:53 +1100

Hi,

I was hoping to get these posted earlier, but they had a dependency
on the kbuild tree which took a while to merge. Hopefully we can get
at least the first 4 patches in, which are just sanity checks on the
final binary.

With this series applied, I'm able to build[*] and boot a 64-bit
book3s allyesconfig kernel, a 200MB vmlinux (although today's tree
breaks in some random driver initcall in late boot). That's largely
a culmination of Stephen Rothwell's work (including the kbuild changes
that were merged earlier in 4.9), I just picked up some of his patches
so attributions may not be 100% reflective of reality.

[*] Building allyesconfig still requires KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS=1, which
    I'm yet to look into.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (7):
  powerpc: use the new post-link pass to check relocations
  powerpc: add arch/powerpc/tools directory
  powerpc/64s: tool to flag direct branches from unrelocated interrupt
    vectors
  powerpc/64: tool to check head sections location sanity
  powerpc/64: handle linker stubs in low .text code
  powerpc: switch to using thin archives if COMPILE_TEST is set
  powerpc/64: allow CONFIG_RELOCATABLE if COMPILE_TEST

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                               |  5 +-
 arch/powerpc/Makefile                              | 17 +----
 arch/powerpc/Makefile.postlink                     | 48 ++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/head-64.h                 | 20 ++++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S                  | 28 ++------
 .../gcc-check-mprofile-kernel.sh                   |  0
 arch/powerpc/tools/head_check.sh                   | 74 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/{ => tools}/relocs_check.sh           |  0
 arch/powerpc/tools/unrel_branch_check.sh           | 56 ++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 203 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/Makefile.postlink
 rename arch/powerpc/{scripts => tools}/gcc-check-mprofile-kernel.sh (100%)
 create mode 100755 arch/powerpc/tools/head_check.sh
 rename arch/powerpc/{ => tools}/relocs_check.sh (100%)
 create mode 100755 arch/powerpc/tools/unrel_branch_check.sh

-- 
2.9.3