Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] mm: THP page cache support for ppc64

From: "Kirill A. Shutemov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:14:39 +0300

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 02:04:41PM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> @@ -2953,6 +2966,13 @@ static int do_set_pmd(struct fault_env *fe, struct page *page)
>  	ret = VM_FAULT_FALLBACK;
>  	page = compound_head(page);
>  
> +	/*
> +	 * Archs like ppc64 need additonal space to store information
> +	 * related to pte entry. Use the preallocated table for that.
> +	 */
> +	if (arch_needs_pgtable_deposit() && !fe->prealloc_pte)
> +		fe->prealloc_pte = pte_alloc_one(vma->vm_mm, fe->address);
> +

-ENOMEM handling?

I think we should do this way before this point. Maybe in do_fault() or
something.

-- 
 Kirill A. Shutemov