Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Try orphan section warning again

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:39:38 +1100

Hi,

The orphan section warning patch had a minor issue with unhandled
.text.save.restore last time I sent it. I went back and tidied up
crtsavres a bit, so after these, I think we can enable orphan section
warnings.

There is a further step we can take which is to enable
--save-restore-funcs for module link, which means 64-bit does not
need crtsavres at all. That option is only in binutils 2.25 though,
so I'll send that later.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (4):
  powerpc/64: place sfpr section explicitly with the linker script
  powerpc/64: do not link crtsavres routines into vmlinux
  powerpc/64: do not create new section for save/restore functions
  powerpc: link warning for orphan sections

 arch/powerpc/Makefile             |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile         |  8 ++++++--
 arch/powerpc/lib/crtsavres.S      |  6 ++----
 include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h | 11 +++++++++++
 5 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.10.2